Simplicity and convenience
Your employees have a raft of KiwiSaver schemes to choose from. A preferred provider KiwiSaver scheme could be the most convenient option for you and your employees.
Administering KiwiSaver is easier with streamlined processes, clear information and online and phone support via the dedicated ANZ Investments team. In addition, your financial adviser will also be able to provide you support and answer any questions you may have.
With so many KiwiSaver schemes available (including the default KiwiSaver schemes), encouraging participation in a single KiwiSaver scheme could help make KiwiSaver in your workplace simpler.
How to apply
Choosing the OneAnswer KiwiSaver Scheme as your preferred provider scheme is simple. Just follow these easy steps:
- Talk to a financial adviser and request an ‘Employer Information Pack’
- Read and sign the OneAnswer KiwiSaver Scheme Preferred Provider Agreement
- Return the form in the Freepost envelope provided.
ANZ Investments will instruct Inland Revenue that the OneAnswer KiwiSaver Scheme is your preferred provider scheme.
You’ll be sent OneAnswer KiwiSaver Scheme start-up packs (which include the OneAnswer KiwiSaver Scheme guide and product disclosure statement) to provide to staff as required.
What do you have to do as an employer?
- Within seven days of a new employee* starting work, provide them with a KiwiSaver information pack (supplied by Inland Revenue). If you have selected a preferred provider scheme such as the OneAnswer KiwiSaver Scheme, you will also need to provide:
- the guide and product disclosure statement for your preferred provider scheme
- a statement advising employees that they will be allocated to your preferred provider scheme if they do not choose which KiwiSaver scheme to join.
- Act on any opt-in requests, by providing information packs (and guide and product disclosure statements if appropriate) to employees within seven days of them giving you a KiwiSaver deduction notice. Send all member details to Inland Revenue. If you choose the OneAnswer KiwiSaver Scheme, we will provide the information packs to you.
- Deduct KiwiSaver contributions from each member’s pay and forward these to Inland Revenue once a fortnight or month via PAYE.
- Forward any opt-out requests to Inland Revenue, and refund any contributions deducted but not yet forwarded to Inland Revenue to any employee who opts out.
- Act on any contributions holiday notices.
Employers are generally required to contribute 3% of an employee’s gross salary or wages if the employee is contributing to the OneAnswer KiwiSaver Scheme from his or her pay. This may change in the future if legislation changes.
For more information, see FAQs for employers.
Certain aspects of all KiwiSaver schemes, such as minimum contribution levels, the Government incentives and the circumstances in which benefits may be withdrawn, are prescribed in KiwiSaver legislation. The legislation may be amended from time to time by the Government and any such amendment may impact on the OneAnswer KiwiSaver Scheme.
* Some exceptions apply, such as for employees who are already KiwiSaver members, or are employed by an exempt employer, or are under 18 or over 65.